Let RIVER CITY IMAGE WORKS transfer your photos, slides, and negatives to a DVD slide show
Our 100% electronic equipment and technical expertise ensure highest quality results at reasonable cost to you.
Scans are performed following a protocol optimized for slide shows (typically 1200 dots per inch for a 35mm equivalent sized image and 8 bits/channel color depth). The slide show will be formatted to display on a digital television with a 16:9 image width-to-height ratio.
As a River City Image Works customer, you choose the length of time each image is displayed, the number of title screens in your video, whether you want transition effects between images, and whether you want stereo music to accompany the "slide show". Moreover, you decide how you want your video split into chapters and menu selections on the DVD.
To aid in specifying the details of your project, and to enable our Sales Department to provide an accurate price quotation, please send e-mail to email@example.com, describing your project. The types of information to tell us are discussed below (and you can click here to find a summary of items to include in your e-mail):
- For how long a period of time should each image be displayed? (A good starting point is 5 seconds/image, but you can select from 3 to 15 seconds/image at no additional charge.)
- How many images will be incorporated? (River City Image Works will produce slide shows of up to 120 minutes long on one DVD; if you choose 5 seconds/image, this allows inclusion of up to about 1400 images.)
- How would you like your images to follow one another in the finished production? We recommend either that each image "dissolves" into the next or that each fades to black, followed by the new image fading from black. However, if you'd rather have images immediately replace each other, without any transitional effects, we can do that for you.
- Do you want background music? Copyright laws prohibit us from utilizing anything other than "royalty-free" music, so state your preference for music type (one of the items in the information sheet for quotation request); you will probably enjoy the music we select for you.
- What title screens do you want in the video? Should we build the title screens on a plain background or should we utilize one of your images as the background?
- Would you like a menu or menus in place of title screens (or in addition to title screens)?
- How many copies of the video would you like? Please note that since the videos are created on the computer and then transferred to DVD, all copies of a video are "master copies" or "originals". We do NOT make one master copy and then duplicate it to other media (with the degradation of quality that this "dubbing" process might involve).